Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ideas for Quests

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 3:02 pm

Thought I would start this thread, if the servers going to have many quests, maybe we could start compiling a list.

I thought of this today: A quest where you find a mimic and if you have good enough sleight of hand you could pass a check to get a treasure. Otherwise it hurts you and attacks you.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Enter Jenkins. The test dummy of the server. Join him on his wacky adventures as we all learn to survive in the world of Faerun, mostly by not doing what Jenkins does. No one wants to be a Jenkins.
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

Gorebash

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 4:31 pm

What about a sneak quest, skill checks a plenty a possible solo instance.

tasked with breaking into somewhere 1st option - skill check for climbing in or bust in through a side door. 2nd option sneak/invis or risk detection, 3rd option break the lock or pick the lock.

Failure of these options risks has an escalating summoning of the guards.

So end results are:
pass 3 checks, get no guards, (high rp and rep with set theives guild),
pass 2 checks get Bob the manor guard (less exp from the quest but exp and loot from bob,
pass only 1 check get Bob and his watch buddies (less final exp, but more exp and loot, and rep hit from said target)
fail all three checks... get a squad of city watch, and given a further option - leg it (lose rep with thieves, no exp, no cash, maybe a chance to try again another day) or Fight the Guard (exp, loot, MASSIVE rep drop with the city watch.)

Not sure how well that would work or if it would be very troublesome to code
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 4:56 pm

I would love for there to be a Skyrim esq thieves guild that penalized you for killing. My favorite thing from Skyrim. I want to play Skyrim now. bounce
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

Gorebash

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 5:37 pm

Well Killing people would earn more negative rep with the city watch...so if ya avoid killing any one...then more freedom for stealling things...and both the Shadow Thieves and Xalantar Thieves would probably prefer less attention from the City Watch.
Back to top Go down
Electrohydra

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:50 pm

I feel like most quests should be completable by most PCs. Requiring one specific skill (And one as niche as Sleight of Hand) would mean it would be a quest only a tiny fraction of players, nevermind PCs, would ever do.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 11:09 am

I think most people should be rewarded if they bother to train in skills not normally used. I imagine most people would not try to steal from a mimic either and just beat it to death with a sword.

Quest idea: An old man that gives out riddles. Intelligence or wisdom check to narrow the answers down.
Back to top Go down
skyiba

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 12:45 pm

quests that offere one time reward of a feat be it background feat or history or what ever instead of gold or xp.. or it can be done once for feat then repeated for gold and xp.
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

Gorebash

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 4:48 pm

That previous idea of mine, seem better suited to a Rep payment quest for any of the thieve's guilds.

What about a Fetch quest with a difference. An npc will buy a certain item from you, but the item can be found on several merchant npcs, but each merchant has a variable appraise score per reset, so your goal is to find the npc that sells you the item for the best profit margin, exp gain remains the same, but the gold reward depends on your appraise score, and the merchant that sells the requested item for the cheapest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas for Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Quests   Ideas for Quests Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Quests
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The City Of Splendors :: Out of Character :: Suggestions-
Jump to: